JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Top 10 FloTHERM V10 Features – #8: Thermostatic Control with Hysteresis
- New 4G Roaming Technology Must Account for Thermal Loss, Say Researchers
- High Performance Thermal Imaging Camera Meets R&D Requirements
- Webinar on, “Thermal RC Modeling Using a Spreadsheet”
- Webinar on, “Traditional Thermal Materials and Applications”
- Webinar on, “Linear Superposition: Tutorial on Thermal-RC Networks”
- Cold Forged Heat Sinks Boost Thermal Management of LEDs
- Electronics Cooling September 2014 Issue Now Online
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 26,123 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,652 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,258 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,814 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,662 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,098 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,049 views