JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Company Asked to Participate in Three-Year Project
- New EP21AOLV-2Med Epoxy Proves Successful and Desirable
- New Development of Silicon Carbide Substrates Raises the Bar
- Company Announces New SPG-20B
- New Series of Bonding Wax Created to Shrink Wafers in Electronic Devices
- Physicists and Researchers Encounter New Discovery
- Expansion of Company’s Line of Conductive Compounds Expected to Increase Consistency
- 36th IEEE Compound Semiconductor IC (CSICS) Symposium
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 26,495 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,904 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,573 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,964 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,761 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,265 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,246 views