JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Ellsworth Adhesives Sales Representatives Awarded 2012 Gold and Bronze Sellers of the Year Awards
- Parker Aerospace to Supply Thermal Management System for Joint Strike Missile
- New Patent-Pending Heat Sink Mounting System
- PCIM Europe Presentation on Solder TIMs for Power Electronics Thermal Management
- Embedded Heat Pipe Technology for Heat Removal in Military Applications
- Effectively Leveraging CAD Data in Electronics Thermal Simulation
- Beware… When Cooling Practices Fail! Webinar Part I
- Did You Say Thermionic Coolers are Perpetual Motion Machines?
Don’t miss out on
the March 2013 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on the Benefits and Drawbacks of Using Two-Phase Cooling Technologies in Military platforms, Measured Thermal Resistance of Microbumps in 3D Chip Stack, and more.
View Issue »
- The Seebeck Coefficient 3 comment(s)
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Heat pipes for electronics cooling applications 8 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 11 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.