JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Electronics Cooling December 2013 Issue Now Online
- Thermoelectric Coolers for High Temperature Environments
- Patent for Heat Spreader for IC Package, and IC Package Clamper Having the Heat Spreader
- New Gap Filler Offers Thermal Conductivity of 1.3W/m-K
- New Thermal Modeling Programs Offer Wide Range of Application Simulations
- Thermal Facts & Fairy Tales: How Useful Are Heat Sink Correlations for Design Purposes?
- Technique Combines Heat Sinks for More Effective Cooling
- New CFD Software Update Offers Efficient Handling of Advanced Designs
Don’t miss out on
the December 2013 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Energy-Efficient Warm-Water Cooling of Servers; Thermal Management of Many-core Processors using Power Multiplexing, Characterization of Server Thermal Mass; and more.
View Issue »
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- Heat pipes for electronics cooling applications 8 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.