JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- 3D Shapes Formed from Flat Sheets of Graphene Paves way for Flexible Electronics
- California Energy Code Updated; New Regulations for Cooling Data Centers
- High Performance Epoxy Passes ASTM E595 Testing For NASA Specifications
- New Fan Offers Industry Leading Static Pressure
- HPC Networks Successful Liquid Cooled for First Time
- 3D White Graphene Yields Fan-Free Cooling and Thermal Management Solutions
- Company Ships 1M Thermal Solution for Medical Devices
- Colored Electrically Conductive Inks and Coatings
Register today for the Thermal Live 2015 webinar “A Practical Guide to Using Two-Phase Heat Sinks”, presented by Celsia. Similarities, differences, operating parameters, mounting options, common mistakes, best uses, examples, & performance modeling will be discussed.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 38,951 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,307 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 26,915 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 21,940 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 20,964 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,335 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 19,666 views