JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Form-in-Place Thermal Compound for Delicate or Low Compression Requirements
- SEMI-THERM 30 Media
- Graphene Improves Copper Film Thermal Conductivity
- Magnetically-Stimulated Flow Patterns Could Boost Heat Transfer
- Gummy Electrolyte Could Reduce Battery Fire Hazard
- Nanoscale Pillars May Improve Thermoelectric Materials
- Non-Silicone Thermal Pad Offers Natural Tack, Good Insulation
- TTI Analyzers Offer Low-Cost Solution for Non-Invasive Thermal Design Verification
Don’t miss out on
the March 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes articles on Bitcoin 2-Phase Immersion Cooling; Ultra-Thin Titanium Based Thermal Solution for Electronic Applications; Potential Pitfalls of Hybrid Electrical-Thermal Measurements for Thermal Characterization; and more.
View Issue »
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 9 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.