JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Liquid Dispensed Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs) – Free Roundtable
- Graphene Grown From Tea Tree Extract
- Atom Cooling Technique Discovered
- Solid-state CPU Cooler Offers Advanced Cooling
- New Adhesives Ideal for Bonding and Encapsulating Semiconductors
- TIM with EMI Absorption Capabilities Announced
- ITherm 2016 – Call for Papers!
- DesignCon 2016
Effective thermal management is key to ensuring consistent long-term performance and reliability in electronic devices. Join us at Thermal Live 2015 for the free webinar, "PCB Design Strategies in Handheld Devices," presented by Mentor Graphics.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 40,519 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,836 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 27,815 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 22,953 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 21,682 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,786 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 20,061 views