JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- 165-Year-Old Principle Applied to New Applications – New Measurement Method Discovered
- New Technology Improves Heat Dissipation Performance
- Doctoral Candidate’s Research Could Improve Efficiency of Data Centers
- Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods by Operating and Capital Expense – Extended Article
- Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods by Operating and Capital Expense
- Data Center Energy Savings: Total Liquid Cooling versus Indirect Liquid Cooling
- An All-Silicon Field Programmable Thermal Emulator for Integrated Circuits
- The Holy Books of Heat Transfer: Facts or Fairy Tales?
Don’t miss out on
the June 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Data Center Energy Savings; Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods; Application of Low Melt Alloys as Compliant Thermal Interface Materials; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 35,721 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 28,877 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 25,152 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 19,969 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 19,453 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 19,386 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,915 views