JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
Test & Measurement
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Liquid Cooling Used in New Off-Grid Power Generator and Water Purifier
- New USB Type-C Connectors and Cable Assemblies
- Industry’s First Portable Measurement Equipment to Improve Thermal Efficiency
- Software Update Leads to Device Failure by Overheating
- Graphene Nanoflakes Better Dissipates Electronics’ Heat
- BIG Thermal Test for the JWST Test Model
- Potential Electronics Cooling Application of Carbon Nanotubes
- Thermal Innovations Win Award and Industry Recognition
See the invisible. Maximize product performance.
Download the free video of the webinar to learn how CFD simulation can help you make informed design decisions quicker and explore more optimal designs.
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 54,271 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 37,591 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 34,864 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 32,101 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 28,830 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 28,037 views
- The thermal conductivity of rubbers/elastomers 27,430 views