JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
Test & Measurement
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Book Review: Thermal Design and Thermal Behaviour of Radio Telescopes and their Enclosures (2010)
- Blog Post: Cooling the DARPA Space Surveillance Telescope (SST)
- Requirements for International Approval Product Safety: Routes to Compliance
- Requirements for International Approval Product Safety: Thermal Measurements
- Electronics Cooling of Humans!
- Pluggable Optics Modules – Thermal Specifications: Part 2
- First Thermoelectric Air Conditioner with Universal Input
- Thermoelectric Assembly Cooling for Temperature Control in CO2 Incubators
Electronics Cooling September 2016 issue is now online
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 64,223 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 41,732 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 39,929 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 39,899 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 33,882 views
- The thermal conductivity of rubbers/elastomers 33,784 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 33,584 views