JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermally Unsuitable Product Dropped from Upcoming Samsung Product Line
- Company Delivers Products to the International Space Station
- Instruments with Low Noise Levels Introduced
- Gas-air-ratio Control Solutions on Display at AHR Expo
- Elastomeric Connector Connects LCDs to PCBs
- Domestic Hot Water Heating, ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Energy. Part 4: ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Time
- High Temperature Brings Down Data Center in Australia
- Thermal Simulation to Improve LED Car Headlight Design
Don’t miss out on
the December 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Carbon-Based Thermal Interface Material; Leakage Power; Thermal Considerations in LED System Modeling; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 30,055 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 26,244 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 22,131 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 18,102 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,679 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 17,023 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 16,680 views