JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Laser-Melted Graphite Leads to Linear Chains of Carbon Atoms
- New Type of Electric Glue Developed
- New Technique in Photonic ICs and Optical Computing
- 2D Hybrid Perovskites Grown
- Phosphorene Has Unique Qualities
- New Graphene Based Filament Introduced
- Scientists Discover Coulomb Interactions Key to Heat Dissipation
- New Material Boosts Efficiency of Solar Cells and Improves Cooling
Thermal Live 2015 - FREE webinars, roundtables & resources. A 3-day online event for electronics and mechanical engineers - learn the latest in thermal management techniques and topics.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 42,758 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 31,944 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 28,986 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 24,259 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 22,799 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 21,337 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 20,655 views