JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermal Bottlenecks. This is Hot, This is Why.
- Dissolvable Materials Look Toward ‘Greener’ Future
- Charged Graphene Called ‘Molecular Gymnastics’
- Fans are Low Cost and High Performance
- New Thermal Management Material Produced
- Gasoline and Diesel Fueled Vehicles and Instruments See Increased Fuel Efficiency in Near Future
- New Software Decreases Solution Time
- New Heat Sink Lid Socket Produced
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 27,486 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 24,722 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 20,326 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 17,274 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,037 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,884 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,610 views