JEDEC has approved a thermal transient testing-based measurement methodology inspired by an original idea published jointly by Mentor Graphics Corporation’s MicReD® group and the Automotive Power Application group of Infineon in 2005. This newly published JESD51-14 standard is titled “Transient Dual Interface Test Method for the Measurement of the Thermal Resistance Junction-to-case of Semiconductor Devices with Heat Flow through a Single Path.” The methodology used in this new standard is very similar to the method which can also be used to characterize thermal interface materials (TIMs).
Test & Measurement
New Thermal Testing Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Saving Energy with Every Byte: An Concerted Effort for Efficient Thermal Management of Data Centers
- Energy Efficient, Waterborne Data Center
- New Cost-effective Method for Producing Graphene
- New Platform for Nanoscale Thermal Measurements
- A Figure of Merit for Smart Phone Thermal Management
- Extreme-Temperature Probing Solutions Offered
- New Synthetic ‘Water Adhesive’ Stronger than Natural Adhesives
- Viable Energy Storing Solution Combines Metal Nitrides and Graphene
Toyota (TRINA) invites proposals for Advanced Thermal Management Research collaboration in bonding and heat spreading technologies.
Deadline: December 13, 2015
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 46,394 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 33,669 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 30,803 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 26,439 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 24,502 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 22,722 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 22,204 views