Challenges and Solutions for Keeping Electronics Cool IMAPS-UK will hold an Online Conference on the afternoons of Wednesday 25 November and Thursday 26 November 2020 on the topic of
Challenges and Solutions for Keeping Electronics Cool
IMAPS-UK will hold an Online Conference on the afternoons of Wednesday 25 November and Thursday 26 November 2020 on the topic of Thermal Management, where you can learn about the latest developments in passive and active cooling, materials, measurement, and modeling to address the challenges of enhancing thermal dissipation from advanced electronics systems.
This Online Conference will cover all aspects of designing, manufacturing, and testing of high thermal performance electronics, where miniaturization, costs, and reliability are critical features that need to be optimized.
5 key reasons to attend:
- End-User Requirements – hear about the challenges facing transportation and industrial applications
- Passive Cooling – overcoming thermal management issues through advanced materials and processes
- Active Cooling – thermoelectric generators, additive manufacturing, embedded cooling
- Measurement and Testing – ensuring long term reliability and fitness for purpose
- Simulation – shortening the design and validation cycle
The Provisional Agenda is presented below (subject to change).
|Wednesday 25 November 2020||Thermal Management and Measurement/Testing|
|13:30||Welcome and Introduction to IMAPS-UK|
|1: Automotive Electric Power Train Challenges||David Bock, BMW|
|2: Packaging||to be confirmed|
|3. Materials||Graham Wilson, Indium|
|15:30||4. Metrology||Jiyu Wu, NPL|
|5. Thermo-mechanical design and Modelling||Chris Bailey, University of Greenwich|
|17:00||End of Day 1|
|Thursday 26 November 2020||Thermal Management and Design/Modelling/Simulation|
|13:00||Recap of Day 1|
|13:15||6: Industrial Motors Thermal Challenges||Imran Agha, Siemens|
|7: Active Cooling 1: Thermoelectric Generators||to be confirmed|
|8: Additive Manufacturing for Cooling Structures||Stephen Mellor, Hieta|
|15:00||9: Active Cooling 3: Embedded Cooling||Song Lin, Columbia Staver Ltd|
|10: Design, Modelling and Simulation||Robin Bornoff, Mentor Graphics|
|16:30||Closing Remarks and End|
The “Thermal Management – Online” Conference is Free to Attend for the following categories of IMAPS-UK Members (Individual, Corporate, Academic, Student), Members of IMAPS Worldwide and Members of IEEE-EPS. Membership of the above organizations will be checked prior to approval of the booking.
Non-Members of IMAPS (including those only registered on IMAPS-UK website) will be charged a registration fee of £50 (exc VAT).
For further information, please contact IMAPS-UK Office
Book Event Tickets
When booking the event, please ensure that the Delegate Name is included on the booking form, if you are not the person attending. Please note that the person booking the event will be the only person who will have access to event booking history and be able to download any event materials.
november 25 (Wednesday) - 26 (Thursday)
The Only Conference Specifically Covering Thermal Materials The Thermal Materials Summit will be webcast with
The Thermal Materials Summit will be webcast with live presentations and real-time Q&A. Attendees may revisit these presentations after the event via recordings delivered directly to them. Exhibit booths feature rich, virtual profiles and instant contact with company representatives. Networking is done all-day via video conference rooms and through scheduled 1×1 meetings and our networking lobby.
Join all your fellow professionals online for a full day of learning and networking! Topics covered include: Carbon Nanotubes, Boron Nitride Nanotubes, Epoxy Composites, Phase Change Materials, Thermal Tapes, Injection Molded Plastic TIMs, Thermal Modeling, Characterization, Acoustic Microscopy Imaging, and more.
All Day (Thursday)
37th Annual Semiconductor Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium March 22-26, 2021 at the DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, CA USA Call for Papers SEMI-THERM is an international
|37th Annual Semiconductor Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium|
March 22-26, 2021 at the DoubleTree by Hilton
San Jose, CA USA
|Call for Papers|
SEMI-THERM is an international symposium dedicated to the thermal management and characterization of electronic components and systems.
Its goals are to:
• Provide thermal knowledge covering all scales from integrated circuits to facility levels
• Foster discussions between thermal engineers, professionals, and industry experts
• Encourage the exchange of information on advances in electronics cooling
Component/Board/System Thermal Design, Fluid Movers, Acoustics, Advanced Materials, Measurement Methods, Modeling & Simulation, Additive Manufacturing, Reliability, etc.
Processors/ICs/Memory, 3-D packaging, Computing Systems, Data Centers, Portable/Consumer/Wearable Electronics, Power Electronics, Harsh Environments, Defense/Aerospace Systems; Solid-State Lighting & Cooling, Biomedical; Micro/Nano-scale Devices, etc.
Papers will be published in IEEE Xplore and in the SEMI-THERM Technical Library immediately following the symposium.
Manuscripts and extended abstracts submission deadline
October 23, 2020
|COVID-19 PLANNING INFORMATION:|
SEMI-THERM is planning for a LIVE conference.
However, if local authorities will not permit large gatherings or if attendees and speakers are unable or unwilling to travel, we may be required to change to a semi-virtual or completely virtual format.
We expect to make a final decision on December 15, 2020.
march 22 (Monday) - 26 (Friday)
DoubleTree by Hilton
2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA 95110
NEW THIS YEAR - A TECHNOLOGY CROSS-OVER EXTRAVAGANZA! CICMT, High Temperature, and Thermal & Power Packaging come together for a great opportunity for you...One
NEW THIS YEAR – A TECHNOLOGY CROSS-OVER EXTRAVAGANZA! CICMT, High Temperature, and Thermal & Power Packaging come together for a great opportunity for you…One location | One registration | Three times the content, networking, and learning! The Thermal event has also been upgraded from a Workshop to a full Conference to allow for more attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and networking!
Previously, this event has been organized annually by IMAPS (since 1992 in Workshop format) to specifically address current market needs and corresponding technical developments for electronics thermal management. Presentations on leading-edge developments in thermal management components, materials, and systems solutions for effectively dissipating heat from microelectronic devices and systems are sought from industry and academia. The Workshop emphasizes practical, high-performance solutions that target current and evolving requirements in mobile, computing, telecom, power electronics, military, and aerospace systems. Single-company product development concepts are acceptable subjects; however, all abstracts will be judged on their novelty and innovative contributions to the industry knowledge.
april 26 (Monday) - 29 (Thursday)
Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
5151 San Francisco Rd NE
The Annual BEV Thermal Management Innovation USA Congress, West-Coast 2021 is the number
The Annual BEV Thermal Management Innovation USA Congress, West-Coast 2021 is the number one event to match buyer requirements with expert solutions during the Automotive sector’s battery evolution. Following on from the tremendous success of the previous three events, Thermal Management Innovation USA has firmly established itself as the automotive industries first-class event to gain a clear and pragmatic view of the key challenges and current need to know learning objectives surrounding advanced battery thermal management systems; to increase efficiency, range, battery health, and optimize solutions for increasingly demanding advanced charging requirements.
The Series analyzes innovative battery management solutions, explores the most crucial engineering and material challenges, and benchmarks strategic imperatives for next-generation BEV advancement. We welcome you to join the industry’s largest technical meeting for Thermal Management professionals and foremost communication network for OEMs, technology and solutions providers, and leading Research Institutes alike; where powertrain experts will engage during a series of case study presentations, interactive panels and unparalleled networking opportunities.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
- Key Trends And Challenges Impacting Battery Thermal Management Needs & Solutions
- More Powerful Batteries To Improve The Energy-Storing Capabilities Of Electric Cars; A Matching Capability In Thermal Management Systems
- Where is the market going from a voltage standpoint and what effect will that have on the battery architecture and vehicle design
- Thermal Runaway
- How Can Thermal Management Increase The Range Of A Battery
- Adhesive Innovation
- Testing for The Future of EV’s: As The Demand For More Efficient And Sophisticated EV’s Increases So Must The Underpinning Technology
- Thermal Management of The Battery Pack For EV Safety
- Battery Pack Design & Material Selection
- Battery Systems and Packaging Integration
- Thermal Performance Optimisation
- The Next Generation of Innovative Solutions For Packaging The Thermal Management System
- Exploring Different Cooling Circuit Layouts Including Separate And Mixed Architecture
- New Technologies & Techniques for Simplifying and Taking Complexity out of Cooling Processes
- Advanced Material Solutions To Protect The Battery And Assist with thermal management
- Advanced Materials and Solutions to Limit Thermal Run Away
- Thermal Criteria For Best Performance And Longevity
- How Can Energy In An Impact Be Managed To Protect The Batteries?
- What Are The Strategies And Options For Dealing With Battery End Of Life
- Solid-State Technology – What Are The Thermal Management Implications
- Efficiently Using Battery Thermal Management For Meeting a Higher EV Drive Range
- Thermal Performance Optimisation & System Integration
- Fast Charging & Batteries Of The Future: What Will Be The Impact Of Fast Charging On Battery Thermal Management?
- Managing Impacts Of Fasts Charging On Thermal Management Of The Battery Pack
- Improving Energy Density and Performance of EV Battery Packs with Thermal Management Materials and Coatings
- The Role of Thermal Interface Materials in Battery Systems (TIMs)
- Assembly & Manufacturing
- A Complete System Solution for Battery Management
- Sipiol Flame Resistant (FR) Coatings
- Ultra-Fast’ Charging Systems: Increasing Voltage and current for achieving higher charging power
- Wireless Charging for xEV’s: A Crucial Step Forward to Cable-Free Electro Mobility
- Understanding The Effect Of Thermal Gradient on Lithium-Ion Battery Performance [Research Ins.]
- Dealing With The Thermal Simulation Challenges of Electric Vehicles
- Tools For Simulation Of Component Level Thermal Management
- How To Best Connect Simulation And Testing To Get Much Closer To Reality
- Surface Preparation
- Integration and optimization of Battery Vehicle Structures
All Day (Wednesday)
San Jose, California
APEC is the leading conference for practicing power electronics professionals and addresses a broad range of topics in the use, design, manufacture, and marketing of all
APEC is the leading conference for practicing power electronics professionals and addresses a broad range of topics in the use, design, manufacture, and marketing of all kinds of power electronics equipment. Join us June 9-13, 2021 in Phoenix, AZ.
The Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. This is not just a designer’s conference; APEC has something of interest for anyone involved in power electronics:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters, and any other power electronic circuits, equipment, and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality, and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales, and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics
CALL FOR TECHNICAL SESSION PAPERS
APEC 2021 continues the long-standing tradition of addressing issues of immediate and long-term interest to the practicing power electronic engineer. Outstanding technical content is provided at one of the lowest registration costs of any IEEE conference.
Important Milestones (subject to change):
June 8, 2020: Digest submission site opens
August 28, 2020: Deadline for submission of digests
October 28, 2020: Notification that a paper was accepted or declined
November 20, 2020: Final papers and author registrations are due
june 9 (Wednesday) - 13 (Sunday)
Phoenix Convention Center
100 North 3rd St.
The Annual BEV Thermal Management Innovation USA Congress, Detroit is the number one event to match buyer requirements with expert solutions during the Automotive sector's battery
The Annual BEV Thermal Management Innovation USA Congress, Detroit is the number one event to match buyer requirements with expert solutions during the Automotive sector’s battery evolution. Following on from the tremendous success of the previous three events, Thermal Management Innovation USA has firmly established itself as the automotive industries first-class event to gain a clear and pragmatic view of the key challenges and current need to know learning objectives surrounding advanced battery thermal management systems; to increase efficiency, range, battery health, and optimize solutions for increasingly demanding advanced charging requirements.
The Series analyzes innovative battery management solutions explores the most crucial engineering and material challenges and benchmarks strategic imperatives for next-generation BEV advancement. We welcome you to join the industry’s largest technical meeting for Thermal Management professionals and foremost communication network for OEMs, technology and solutions providers and leading Research Institutes alike; where powertrain experts will engage during a series of case study presentations, interactive panels and unparalleled networking opportunities.
UPDATE: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As a company, we way up the risks and opportunities of holding an event very carefully and rationally – In accordance with all guidance and advice from the US Government and Local Authorities. Extra precautions and measures are in place for your protection, and for your assurance, including additional venue cleaning and disinfecting, disinfectant dispensers, and hourly expended air conditioning cleansing.
We ask that if you have traveled to Asia or Italy, that you kindly refrain from attending the event at this time, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you do feel unwell at all leading up to the event, we also request that you do not attend – and we will be happy to re-allocate your ticket for our next meeting!
In light of the growing awareness and risks associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we respectfully ask that do not attend the event if you’ve traveled to the USA from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 30 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- Other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 30 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- Other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence, and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam in the last 30 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
This guidance is taken from the USA Government and International Guidelines
All Day (Thursday)