In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- LEDs to Move Data Faster in Electronics
- New Material to Decrease Energy Usage in Electronics
- Energy-saving High Airflow and Static Pressure Fan Introduced
- 3D Shapes Formed from Flat Sheets of Graphene Paves way for Flexible Electronics
- California Energy Code Updated; New Regulations for Cooling Data Centers
- High Performance Epoxy Passes ASTM E595 Testing For NASA Specifications
- New Fan Offers Industry Leading Static Pressure
- HPC Networks Successful Liquid Cooled for First Time
Register today for the Thermal Live 2015 webinar “A Practical Guide to Using Two-Phase Heat Sinks”, presented by Celsia. Similarities, differences, operating parameters, mounting options, common mistakes, best uses, examples, & performance modeling will be discussed.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 39,281 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,437 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 27,156 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 22,167 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 21,127 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,441 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 19,731 views