In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
LED / Lighting
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- New Synthetic ‘Water Adhesive’ Stronger than Natural Adhesives
- Viable Energy Storing Solution Combines Metal Nitrides and Graphene
- Researchers Use Infrared Laser to Refrigerate Liquids
- New Soft TIM with Low Thermal Resistance
- High Temperature Resistant, Thermal Conductive System Meets ASTM E595 Specifications
- Graphene Can Now Be Applied to Thermal Imaging Devices
- Compact PC with Liquid Cooling System
- Microfluidic Channels Deliver Power and Cooling in Computational Hardware
Toyota (TRINA) invites proposals for Advanced Thermal Management Research collaboration in bonding and heat spreading technologies.
Deadline: December 13, 2015
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 46,094 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 33,463 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 30,633 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 26,249 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 24,362 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 22,576 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 22,121 views