In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Research Group at U-Michigan Develops Heat-conducting Plastic
- Air Force Funds Thermal Management Project
- Bay Light Heatsinks offer Thermal Solutions
- Lightweight Push-Pin Heat Sinks offer Advanced Cooling Solutions for BGAs
- Low Maintenance Air Conditioner Encompasses New Design
- Low Consumption Fan Offers High Static Pressure
- Inorganic-based Laser Lift-off Transforms Flexible Electronics
- Experiments Demonstrate Graphene is 10 times Stronger than Steel
Don’t miss out on
the December 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Carbon-Based Thermal Interface Material; Leakage Power; Thermal Considerations in LED System Modeling; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 29,115 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 25,702 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 21,425 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 17,797 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,433 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 16,584 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 16,143 views