In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
LED / Lighting
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Liquid Cooling Used in New Off-Grid Power Generator and Water Purifier
- New USB Type-C Connectors and Cable Assemblies
- Industry’s First Portable Measurement Equipment to Improve Thermal Efficiency
- Software Update Leads to Device Failure by Overheating
- Graphene Nanoflakes Better Dissipates Electronics’ Heat
- BIG Thermal Test for the JWST Test Model
- Potential Electronics Cooling Application of Carbon Nanotubes
- Thermal Innovations Win Award and Industry Recognition
See the invisible. Maximize product performance.
Download the free video of the webinar to learn how CFD simulation can help you make informed design decisions quicker and explore more optimal designs.
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 54,452 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 37,692 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 34,946 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 32,239 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 28,976 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 28,160 views
- The thermal conductivity of rubbers/elastomers 27,537 views