In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- THERMAL LIVE 2015
- Thermal Test Chip Assists in TIM Testing
- Add-on to Existing Product Enhances Thermal Simulation
- Company Introduces Low Outgassing Epoxy
- Scientists Produce Beneficial Materials for Optoelectronics
- Researchers Discover how Atoms are Affected by Graphene Sheets
- Cheaper LED Bulbs Developed
- Graphene Coatings Increase Thermal Conductivity of Plastics
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 28,450 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 25,236 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 20,923 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 17,598 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,269 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 16,272 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,958 views