In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Liquid Dispensed Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs) – Free Roundtable
- Graphene Grown From Tea Tree Extract
- Atom Cooling Technique Discovered
- Solid-state CPU Cooler Offers Advanced Cooling
- New Adhesives Ideal for Bonding and Encapsulating Semiconductors
- TIM with EMI Absorption Capabilities Announced
- ITherm 2016 – Call for Papers!
- DesignCon 2016
Effective thermal management is key to ensuring consistent long-term performance and reliability in electronic devices. Join us at Thermal Live 2015 for the free webinar, "PCB Design Strategies in Handheld Devices," presented by Mentor Graphics.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 40,490 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,826 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 27,808 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 22,938 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 21,668 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,779 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 20,048 views