In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Material Scientists Celebrate Newly Discovered Process of Turning Metal Into Glass
- New Compounds Improve Refrigerant Manufacturing
- Top 10 FloTHERM V10 Features – #8: Thermostatic Control with Hysteresis
- New 4G Roaming Technology Must Account for Thermal Loss, Say Researchers
- High Performance Thermal Imaging Camera Meets R&D Requirements
- Webinar on, “Thermal RC Modeling Using a Spreadsheet”
- Webinar on, “Traditional Thermal Materials and Applications”
- Webinar on, “Linear Superposition: Tutorial on Thermal-RC Networks”
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 26,193 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,683 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,331 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,845 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,686 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,123 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,079 views