In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
LED / Lighting
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Requirements for International Approval Product Safety: Routes to Compliance
- Requirements for International Approval Product Safety: Thermal Measurements
- Electronics Cooling of Humans!
- Pluggable Optics Modules – Thermal Specifications: Part 2
- First Thermoelectric Air Conditioner with Universal Input
- Thermoelectric Assembly Cooling for Temperature Control in CO2 Incubators
- Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers Highlighted at Upcoming Expo
- Two Part Silicone That Meets NASA Low Outgassing Specifications
Electronics Cooling September 2016 issue is now online
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 63,972 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 41,653 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 39,819 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 39,689 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 33,768 views
- The thermal conductivity of rubbers/elastomers 33,631 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 33,473 views