In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Domestic Hot Water Heating, ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Energy. Part 4: ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Time
- High Temperature Brings Down Data Center in Australia
- Thermal Simulation to Improve LED Car Headlight Design
- Company Raises Funds to Pursue New Market Opportunities and Cooling Solutions
- Unnamed Product Acts as Both Heatsink and CPU Fan
- Debut of Comprehensive Power Cords and Cord Sets
- New Epoxy Offers Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
- Wide Operating Temperature Range Fan Introduced
Don’t miss out on
the December 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Carbon-Based Thermal Interface Material; Leakage Power; Thermal Considerations in LED System Modeling; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 29,999 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 26,193 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 22,103 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 18,092 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,669 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 16,989 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 16,643 views