In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- UPenn Physicists Discover New Material that May Cool Computers
- Cooling System for Computer Processors Could Save Consumers Billions
- New Centrifugal Fan Offers High Cooling Performance
- Frameless Bracket Fans Offer Design Flexibility
- Programmable Temperature Controller Introduced for Thermoelectric Assemblies
- SAE 2015 Thermal Management Systems Symposium
- THERMPROCESS 2015
- Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibit
Don’t miss out on
the March 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Circuit Card Assembly Heat Sinks; Thermal Power Plane Enabling Chip Stacks; Liquid Immersion in the Data Center; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 34,485 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 28,267 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 24,524 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 19,324 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 19,112 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18,936 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,620 views