In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Electronics Cooling December 2013 Issue Now Online
- Thermoelectric Coolers for High Temperature Environments
- Patent for Heat Spreader for IC Package, and IC Package Clamper Having the Heat Spreader
- New Gap Filler Offers Thermal Conductivity of 1.3W/m-K
- New Thermal Modeling Programs Offer Wide Range of Application Simulations
- Thermal Facts & Fairy Tales: How Useful Are Heat Sink Correlations for Design Purposes?
- Technique Combines Heat Sinks for More Effective Cooling
- New CFD Software Update Offers Efficient Handling of Advanced Designs
Don’t miss out on
the December 2013 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Energy-Efficient Warm-Water Cooling of Servers; Thermal Management of Many-core Processors using Power Multiplexing, Characterization of Server Thermal Mass; and more.
View Issue »
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- Heat pipes for electronics cooling applications 8 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.