In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Laser-Melted Graphite Leads to Linear Chains of Carbon Atoms
- New Type of Electric Glue Developed
- New Technique in Photonic ICs and Optical Computing
- 2D Hybrid Perovskites Grown
- Phosphorene Has Unique Qualities
- New Graphene Based Filament Introduced
- Scientists Discover Coulomb Interactions Key to Heat Dissipation
- New Material Boosts Efficiency of Solar Cells and Improves Cooling
Thermal Live 2015 - FREE webinars, roundtables & resources. A 3-day online event for electronics and mechanical engineers - learn the latest in thermal management techniques and topics.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 42,958 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 32,042 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 29,121 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 24,381 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 22,890 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 21,378 views
- The Temperature Ratings Of Electronic Parts 20,788 views