In a new report updating market shares for 2009 and provisional market share for 2010, IMS Research says 2010 was a year of tremendous growth in the LED industry, dramatically higher than the typical growth rates of recent years. The researchers estimate the market for LEDs has grown from $6.1 billion in 2009 to about $10 billion in 2010, driven by economic recovery, lighting and above all backlights, especially TVs. This means that suppliers are having to grow by 64% this year just to maintain their market share.
IMS Research Estimates LED Market Shares for 2009 and 2010
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermal Bottlenecks. This is Hot, This is Why.
- Dissolvable Materials Look Toward ‘Greener’ Future
- Charged Graphene Called ‘Molecular Gymnastics’
- Fans are Low Cost and High Performance
- New Thermal Management Material Produced
- Gasoline and Diesel Fueled Vehicles and Instruments See Increased Fuel Efficiency in Near Future
- New Software Decreases Solution Time
- New Heat Sink Lid Socket Produced
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 27,499 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 24,724 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 20,347 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 17,279 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,039 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,891 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,614 views