BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermal Management Challenges, Requirements and Solutions for the Electronics Industry
- Satellite Cooling System Paves Way for More Compact Sensor Systems
- Lithium Atoms Turn Graphene into a Superconductor
- Non-drip Epoxy Paste Cures Optically Clear
- Three New Liquid Cooling Patent Issued – Company Reaches 50th Patent
- Liquid Dispensed Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs) – Free Roundtable
- Graphene Grown From Tea Tree Extract
- Atom Cooling Technique Discovered
Join us at Thermal Live 2015 for the free webinar, "Thermal Management Challenges, Requirements and Solutions for the Electronics Industry," presented by Honeywell. A comparison of solutions available to the marketplace & much more will be discussed.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 40,864 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,960 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 27,984 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 23,133 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 21,837 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,867 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 20,142 views