BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Heatsink 101: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know Web Seminar
- Organically Grown 3D Printable Heatsinks – Part 1: A Simple Iterative Procedure
- Liquid Cooling in Mobile Devices Increases Heat Dissipation Speeds
- Overheating Issues Stall Release of Sony’s Xperia Z4
- New Data Center Design Reduces Space; Increases Cooling Productivity
- Clear Encapsulant Ideal for Outdoor LED Lighting Applications
- New Thermal Interface Material Introduced
- New Accelerometer Eliminates Noise
Don’t miss out on
the March 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Circuit Card Assembly Heat Sinks; Thermal Power Plane Enabling Chip Stacks; Liquid Immersion in the Data Center; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 32,569 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 27,534 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 23,621 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 18,730 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 18,375 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,262 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18,097 views