BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Electronics Cooling March 2015 Issue Now Online
- Understanding Semiconductor Technology and Business
- Nutella used as a Thermal Paste
- Graphene Improves Anti-Corrosion Coatings
- Ultra-thin and Flexible Thermal Management Device to be Commercialized
- Universal Cooler Ideal for Tilting Luminaires
- New TIM Improves Cooling Performance
- Bendable Heat Pipes Ideal for Space-limited Applications
Don’t miss out on
the March 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Circuit Card Assembly Heat Sinks; Thermal Power Plane Enabling Chip Stacks; Liquid Immersion in the Data Center; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 31,349 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 26,961 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 22,960 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 18,442 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,000 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 17,587 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 17,566 views