BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Cold Forged Heat Sinks Boost Thermal Management of LEDs
- Electronics Cooling September 2014 Issue Now Online
- Laser Cooling Yields More Sensitive Microscopes
- One-Component TIMs Suit Aerospace, Automotive and Semiconductor Industries
- Highly Conformable TIM Line Expanded with 1.0 mm Sheet
- Cooling Enhancement Boosts Operation of Laser Power Amplifier
- New Theory Suggests Magnets May Initiate ‘Wireless’ Cooling
- Silica Additive Helps Solar Cells Cool Themselves
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 25,996 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,555 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,158 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,763 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,604 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,010 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 14,960 views