BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Carbon Nanotubes Prove to Be Beneficial Semiconductors
- UIC Research Group Discovers Beneficial Characteristics of Graphene Flaws
- MoS2 Arises as New Challenger to Graphene
- Graphene Improves Touchscreen Technology
- Researchers Discover New Method to Cool Electrons
- Super Computing Conference and Exhibition
- Company Cools Intel Supercomputer
- New HyperFlash Introduced
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 27,253 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 24,592 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 20,167 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 17,200 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,979 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,778 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,541 views