BMW Motorrad’s new scooter has more than a 60-mile range and a recharge time of around three hours. The bike’s specs are possible thanks to an innovative design that uses the aluminum battery casing in lieu of a main frame. While the electric motor and electronics are liquid cooled, the battery itself is air cooled in order to save space.
BMW Liquid Cooled Commuter Scooter
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- New Centrifugal Fan Offers High Cooling Performance
- Frameless Bracket Fans Offer Design Flexibility
- Programmable Temperature Controller Introduced for Thermoelectric Assemblies
- SAE 2015 Thermal Management Systems Symposium
- THERMPROCESS 2015
- Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibit
- Under-the-Hood Innovation: Polymers and Thermal Management Conference
- Trio of Companies to Improve Graphite Thermal Management Products
Don’t miss out on
the March 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Circuit Card Assembly Heat Sinks; Thermal Power Plane Enabling Chip Stacks; Liquid Immersion in the Data Center; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 34,348 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 28,225 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 24,463 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 19,247 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 19,095 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18,884 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,590 views