Military programs continue to push the limits of computing system requirements necessitating rugged computer systems to continue to evolve to endure the toughest conditions. To meet these requirements, rugged subsystems suppliers have to produce innovative thermal management technologies that can withstand situations that may threaten a computer’s durability. Due to ever-increasing processor speeds, advances in thermal management will continue to rank as one of the most important trends in rugged computing design.
Military Demands Propel Thermal Management Solutions
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Form-in-Place Thermal Compound for Delicate or Low Compression Requirements
- SEMI-THERM 30 Exhibitor Photos
- Graphene Improves Copper Film Thermal Conductivity
- Magnetically-Stimulated Flow Patterns Could Boost Heat Transfer
- Gummy Electrolyte Could Reduce Battery Fire Hazard
- Nanoscale Pillars May Improve Thermoelectric Materials
- Non-Silicone Thermal Pad Offers Natural Tack, Good Insulation
- TTI Analyzers Offer Low-Cost Solution for Non-Invasive Thermal Design Verification
Don’t miss out on
the March 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes articles on Bitcoin 2-Phase Immersion Cooling; Ultra-Thin Titanium Based Thermal Solution for Electronic Applications; Potential Pitfalls of Hybrid Electrical-Thermal Measurements for Thermal Characterization; and more.
View Issue »
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 9 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.