Military programs continue to push the limits of computing system requirements necessitating rugged computer systems to continue to evolve to endure the toughest conditions. To meet these requirements, rugged subsystems suppliers have to produce innovative thermal management technologies that can withstand situations that may threaten a computer’s durability. Due to ever-increasing processor speeds, advances in thermal management will continue to rank as one of the most important trends in rugged computing design.
Military Demands Propel Thermal Management Solutions
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Highly-Conformable Gap Filler Pad with Reinforced Mesh Center
- Carbon Nanotubes Offer Thermal Stress Relief at Critical Juntions
- Bitcoin Mining Boosts Interest in Liquid Cooling
- Thermal Facts and Fairy Tales: Evolving the Role of the Thermal Engineer from Analyst to Architect
- Boron Nitride Filler for Thermally Conductive Dielectric Plastic Compounds
- Thermal Packaging – From Problem Solver to Performance Multiplier
- New Dispensable Thermal Pads Offer Improved Heat Management, Greater Application Potential
Don’t miss out on
the December 2013 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Energy-Efficient Warm-Water Cooling of Servers; Thermal Management of Many-core Processors using Power Multiplexing, Characterization of Server Thermal Mass; and more.
View Issue »
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- Heat pipes for electronics cooling applications 8 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.