Military programs continue to push the limits of computing system requirements necessitating rugged computer systems to continue to evolve to endure the toughest conditions. To meet these requirements, rugged subsystems suppliers have to produce innovative thermal management technologies that can withstand situations that may threaten a computer’s durability. Due to ever-increasing processor speeds, advances in thermal management will continue to rank as one of the most important trends in rugged computing design.
Military Demands Propel Thermal Management Solutions
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Small NEMA 12 Cabinet Coolers Resist Heat And Dirt
- Thermal Material Provides Both Compressibility and Conformability with Phase-Change Ability
- Diamond-Mineral Oil Mix May Be Best Heat Transfer Nanofluid, Say Researchers
- Free Sizing Software for Thermoelectric Air Conditioners
- Flexible Thermoelectric Generator Could Power Wearable Devices Using Body Heat
- Microchips Tolerate Extreme Temperatures in Industrial Applications
- New Thermal Adhesive Boasts Twice the Conductivity at Half the Cost
- Polymer-Based Thermal Interface Material Cools Devices at 200°C
Don’t miss out on
the March 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes articles on Bitcoin 2-Phase Immersion Cooling; Ultra-Thin Titanium Based Thermal Solution for Electronic Applications; Potential Pitfalls of Hybrid Electrical-Thermal Measurements for Thermal Characterization; and more.
View Issue »
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 9 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 19 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.