IEC/TS 62332-1:2011(E) is applicable to EIS containing solid and liquid components where the thermal stress is the dominant ageing factor, without restriction to voltage class. This part specifies a dual-temperature test procedure for the thermal evaluation and qualification of electrical insulation systems (EIS). The following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition have been made – Modifications have been made based on an extensive test series conducted using this methodology given in the first edition. This included updating expected times and tempertatures to use in order to obtain useful results, as well as making the range of equipment covered broader. The method can now cover electrotechnical devices using different sealing systems, as well as devices using enamel covered wires.
Electrical Insulation Systems Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- 165-Year-Old Principle Applied to New Applications – New Measurement Method Discovered
- New Technology Improves Heat Dissipation Performance
- Doctoral Candidate’s Research Could Improve Efficiency of Data Centers
- Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods by Operating and Capital Expense – Extended Article
- Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods by Operating and Capital Expense
- Data Center Energy Savings: Total Liquid Cooling versus Indirect Liquid Cooling
- An All-Silicon Field Programmable Thermal Emulator for Integrated Circuits
- The Holy Books of Heat Transfer: Facts or Fairy Tales?
Don’t miss out on
the June 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Data Center Energy Savings; Comparison of HPC/Telecom Data Center Cooling Methods; Application of Low Melt Alloys as Compliant Thermal Interface Materials; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 35,775 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 28,907 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 25,173 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 19,989 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 19,469 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 19,401 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,927 views