IEC/TS 62332-1:2011(E) is applicable to EIS containing solid and liquid components where the thermal stress is the dominant ageing factor, without restriction to voltage class. This part specifies a dual-temperature test procedure for the thermal evaluation and qualification of electrical insulation systems (EIS). The following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition have been made – Modifications have been made based on an extensive test series conducted using this methodology given in the first edition. This included updating expected times and tempertatures to use in order to obtain useful results, as well as making the range of equipment covered broader. The method can now cover electrotechnical devices using different sealing systems, as well as devices using enamel covered wires.
Electrical Insulation Systems Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermal Simulation Software Named Product of the Year
- Free Giveaway for Naming TIM or Connector Products
- Scientist Uses Virus to Slow Down Water Boiling; Improves Cooling of Electronics
- Engineer Develops Nanoscale Pillars to Produce More Efficient Electronics
- Startup Utilizes Waste Heat and Lowers Server Computing Costs
- Thermal Foil Sheets Offer Advanced Thermal Management in Smartphones
- Thermoelectric Coolers Ideal for Cooling Mobile Devices in All Environments
- Advanced Technology Workshop and Tabletop Exhibit on Thermal Management
Don’t miss out on
the March 2015 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Circuit Card Assembly Heat Sinks; Thermal Power Plane Enabling Chip Stacks; Liquid Immersion in the Data Center; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 33,940 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 28,056 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 24,263 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 19,034 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 19,017 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18,666 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 18,516 views