IEC/TS 62332-1:2011(E) is applicable to EIS containing solid and liquid components where the thermal stress is the dominant ageing factor, without restriction to voltage class. This part specifies a dual-temperature test procedure for the thermal evaluation and qualification of electrical insulation systems (EIS). The following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition have been made – Modifications have been made based on an extensive test series conducted using this methodology given in the first edition. This included updating expected times and tempertatures to use in order to obtain useful results, as well as making the range of equipment covered broader. The method can now cover electrotechnical devices using different sealing systems, as well as devices using enamel covered wires.
Electrical Insulation Systems Standard
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Thermally Unsuitable Product Dropped from Upcoming Samsung Product Line
- Company Delivers Products to the International Space Station
- Instruments with Low Noise Levels Introduced
- Gas-air-ratio Control Solutions on Display at AHR Expo
- Elastomeric Connector Connects LCDs to PCBs
- Domestic Hot Water Heating, ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Energy. Part 4: ‘Wat-er’ Waste of Time
- High Temperature Brings Down Data Center in Australia
- Thermal Simulation to Improve LED Car Headlight Design
Don’t miss out on
the December 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Carbon-Based Thermal Interface Material; Leakage Power; Thermal Considerations in LED System Modeling; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 30,231 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 26,328 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 22,226 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 18,148 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 17,715 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 17,108 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 16,780 views