The THERMI award is intended to recognize a recipient’s history of contributions to crucial thermal issues affecting the performance of semiconductor devices and systems. The voting body of past THERMI winners and the current year General Chair are pleased to present the 2012 THERMI to Bahgat G. Sammakia, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, State University of New York at Binghamton; jointly appointed in the Systems Science and Industrial Engineering Department, Director, Small Scale Systems Integration and Packaging Center (S3IP), a New York state Center of Excellence (COE) and Director, the Integrated Electronics Engineering Center (IEEC), a New York state Center for Advanced Technology (CAT).
SEMI-THERM Honors Contributor to Semiconductor Thermal Management
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Material Scientists Celebrate Newly Discovered Process of Turning Metal Into Glass
- New Compounds Improve Refrigerant Manufacturing
- Top 10 FloTHERM V10 Features – #8: Thermostatic Control with Hysteresis
- New 4G Roaming Technology Must Account for Thermal Loss, Say Researchers
- High Performance Thermal Imaging Camera Meets R&D Requirements
- Webinar on, “Thermal RC Modeling Using a Spreadsheet”
- Webinar on, “Traditional Thermal Materials and Applications”
- Webinar on, “Linear Superposition: Tutorial on Thermal-RC Networks”
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 26,197 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,684 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,337 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,845 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,692 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 15,124 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 15,084 views