The THERMI award is intended to recognize a recipient’s history of contributions to crucial thermal issues affecting the performance of semiconductor devices and systems. The voting body of past THERMI winners and the current year General Chair are pleased to present the 2012 THERMI to Bahgat G. Sammakia, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, State University of New York at Binghamton; jointly appointed in the Systems Science and Industrial Engineering Department, Director, Small Scale Systems Integration and Packaging Center (S3IP), a New York state Center of Excellence (COE) and Director, the Integrated Electronics Engineering Center (IEEC), a New York state Center for Advanced Technology (CAT).
SEMI-THERM Honors Contributor to Semiconductor Thermal Management
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Cold Forged Heat Sinks Boost Thermal Management of LEDs
- Electronics Cooling September 2014 Issue Now Online
- Laser Cooling Yields More Sensitive Microscopes
- One-Component TIMs Suit Aerospace, Automotive and Semiconductor Industries
- Highly Conformable TIM Line Expanded with 1.0 mm Sheet
- Cooling Enhancement Boosts Operation of Laser Power Amplifier
- New Theory Suggests Magnets May Initiate ‘Wireless’ Cooling
- Silica Additive Helps Solar Cells Cool Themselves
Don’t miss out on
the September 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on CVD Diamond – Integrating a Superior Thermal Material; An Inexpensive Multi-channel AC Heater Control System; Jet Impingement on Micro Pin Fins; and more!
View Issue »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 25,967 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 23,528 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 19,121 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 16,745 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 16,587 views
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 14,991 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 14,938 views