The THERMI award is intended to recognize a recipient’s history of contributions to crucial thermal issues affecting the performance of semiconductor devices and systems. The voting body of past THERMI winners and the current year General Chair are pleased to present the 2012 THERMI to Bahgat G. Sammakia, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, State University of New York at Binghamton; jointly appointed in the Systems Science and Industrial Engineering Department, Director, Small Scale Systems Integration and Packaging Center (S3IP), a New York state Center of Excellence (COE) and Director, the Integrated Electronics Engineering Center (IEEC), a New York state Center for Advanced Technology (CAT).
SEMI-THERM Honors Contributor to Semiconductor Thermal Management
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- Counter-Rotating Fans for High-Density Electronic Enclosures
- “Transverse” Thermoelectric Effect May Lead to Better Cooling Devices
- Effectively Leveraging CAD Data in Electronics Thermal Simulation
- Beware… When Cooling Practices Fail! Webinar Part II
- Not Needing to Adjust Hot-Wire Anemometer Reading for Elevated Temperatures. Why Not?
- ‘Normalized Transient Thermal Response’ Curves – Can You be More Clear?
- I Thought Power Density (W/sq.mm) Went up at the rate of Moore’s Law? Are You Saying it Doesn’t?
- Data Center Liquid Cooling Process Wins Energy Efficiency Award
Don’t miss out on
the June 2013 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes feature articles on Thermal Spreading and More Using Open-Source FEA Software; Two-Phase Flow Control of On-Chip Two-Phase Cooling Systems Developed for Blade Servers of Data Centers, and more.
View Issue »
- The Seebeck Coefficient 4 comment(s)
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- Heat pipes for electronics cooling applications 8 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.