IEC/TR 62778:2012 provides clarification and guidance for the assessment of blue light hazard of all lighting products that have the main emission in the visible spectrum (380 nm to 780 nm). By optical and spectral calculations, it is shown what the photobiological safety measurements relate about the product and, if this product is intended to be a component in a higher level lighting product, how this information can be transferred from the component product (the LED package, the LED module, or the lamp) to the higher level lighting product (the luminaire).
Safety Standards for Higher Level Lighting Products
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- TTI Analyzers Offer Low-Cost Solution for Non-Invasive Thermal Design Verification
- Magnetic Refrigeration Could Replace Compressor Systems
- Researchers Eye Passive Cooling System for Microelectronics
- SEMI-THERM Selects 2014 THERMI Award Recipient
- Expanded Product Catalog Features New Thermal Interface Materials
- Thermal Pad Offers Advantages of Thermal Grease Without Mess
- Ultra-Thin Titanium Based Thermal Solution for Electronic Applications
- Bitcoin 2-Phase Immersion Cooling and the Implications for High Performance Computing
Don’t miss out on
the March 2014 issue
of Electronics Cooling, which includes articles on Bitcoin 2-Phase Immersion Cooling; Ultra-Thin Titanium Based Thermal Solution for Electronic Applications; Potential Pitfalls of Hybrid Electrical-Thermal Measurements for Thermal Characterization; and more.
View Issue »
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 2 comment(s)
- The Seebeck Coefficient 5 comment(s)
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 13 comment(s)
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 5 comment(s)
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 9 comment(s)
- Notes on Using Thermocouples 11 comment(s)
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 18 comment(s)
- Thermal Conductivity of Solders 2 comment(s)
- No public Twitter messages.