United States Patent no. 7,898,078, issued on March 1, was assigned to International Business Machines Corp. Two sets of conductor fins are formed on a topmost surface of stacked semiconductor chips are electrically isolated from each other and function as radiators that dissipate heat from the stacked semiconductor chips. Conductive wiring structures are formed on each set of conductor fins to supply electrical power and electrical grounding to the stacked semiconductor chips. Since the semiconductor fins above provide electrical power supply and electrical grounding, a higher fraction of electrical connections between the bottommost surface of the stacked semiconductor chips and the packaging substrate may be employed for input and output signal transmission without adverse impact on heat dissipation of the stacked semiconductor chips. The conductive fins function as power connectors.
Connector/Decoupler Integrated in a Heat Sink
Get our newsletter delivered to your email inbox.
- 3D Shapes Formed from Flat Sheets of Graphene Paves way for Flexible Electronics
- California Energy Code Updated; New Regulations for Cooling Data Centers
- High Performance Epoxy Passes ASTM E595 Testing For NASA Specifications
- New Fan Offers Industry Leading Static Pressure
- HPC Networks Successful Liquid Cooled for First Time
- 3D White Graphene Yields Fan-Free Cooling and Thermal Management Solutions
- Company Ships 1M Thermal Solution for Medical Devices
- Colored Electrically Conductive Inks and Coatings
Register today for the Thermal Live 2015 webinar “A Practical Guide to Using Two-Phase Heat Sinks”, presented by Celsia. Similarities, differences, operating parameters, mounting options, common mistakes, best uses, examples, & performance modeling will be discussed.
Learn More & Register »
- Home 122,349 views
- Simplified Formula for Estimating Natural Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient on a Flat Plate 39,003 views
- The Seebeck Coefficient 30,328 views
- Advances In High-Performance Cooling For Electronics 26,946 views
- How to Select a Heat Sink 21,965 views
- Estimating Parallel Plate-Fin Heat Sink Thermal Resistance 20,987 views
- The Thermal Conductivity of Moist Air 20,354 views
- Heat Pipes for Electronics Cooling Applications 19,675 views